Chosen in His Service

Monday, October 26, 2009

‘Jesus wept’ , Why?

Mary, Martha and the others were blinded by their perceptions to the fact that he really was "the resurrection and the life" despite all his plain words to them: "25 Jesus said to her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 And whoever lives and believes in me shall never die. Believe you this? 27 She said to him, Yes, Lord: I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world." (Joh 11:25-27) Obviously Martha did not believe that Jesus could resurrect her dead brother dead by four days for she said: "… I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day." (John 11:24) So Jesus was troubled and He groaned in the spirit, He wept.

To read the full post

To read the full reference John 11.1-44

No comments: